Lohana Technical and Industrial Institute was built in 1927 by Shivji Manick. In 1948 he handed it over to Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah, who named it as Muslim Ladies Technical & Industrial Institute. The Chairperson of the MLTII had requested the ZVMG Rangoonwala Trust to join hands with them and run the institute on the lines as that of Rangoonwala Community Centre.
An agreement was signed between ZVMG Rangoonwala Trust & MLTII on 21st October 2005 according to which funding of the Project for its refurbishment, equipment maintenance and operations was borne by the Trust. The Rangoonwala Trust renovated the Institute and started the operations with the same courses offered at Rangoonwala Centre in 2006. Presently the Deaf Reach is also running their classes for deaf in the morning.
ZVMG Rangoonwala Trust, Dhoraji Colony, Karachi-74800.
Tel: 34935168, 34938146